Your tags need to be secured to withstand vigorous shopping!
Before you start tagging:
• Be sure that all items are appropriate for a child or teen.
• All clothes MUST be on a hanger (we do not provide the hanger). We will accept any type of hanger provided the hanger is working and holding the clothing. We do not accept the very small infant hangers for preemie clothes. The clothes must be hung on the hanger with the hanger looking like a question mark “?” (see picture below).
• All clothes must be secured to the hanger so they do not fall off. All buttons buttoned and zippers zipped.
• All tags must have a description. If your tag is separated from your item, this will help us reunite them! Specify if it includes two or more pieces.
• All clothes infant through size 18 must be brought in by gender and size order.
• All junior clothes for male/female must be brought in gender, size and category. All shorts together, shirts, pants dresses, shirts, swim suits.
• All junior female clothes must have sizes and say “junior.” All junior boys clothes must say young men’s and the size.
• All PJs, swim suits, and costumes are separate from the clothes.
• All clothes MUST have an attached generated computer tag. The tag must be in the correct place on the clothing. (See picture below)
• All items must be in the system and transferred from other sales (if applicable) before dropping off your items.
• If you change anything on your tag, you MUST reprint it! The information on the PRINTED tag is the amount, discount option and donated option that the item will be sold for.
• All items must be clean and neat.
• All items must be secure. All boxes taped down, puzzles must contain all the pieces and be secure. Any kitchen set or things with drawers and pieces must be secure.
• All shoes MUST be dry and attached to the correct left/right shoe match. They can be bagged or zip-tied together.
• ONLY use white or light colored cardstock paper (65lb. or 67lb.) to print your tags. (Available at office supply stores such as Office Depot and Staples.) Six tags will print on one sheet of cardstock. Don’t use heavier paper that could soak up ink causing the barcode not to scan properly.
• Set ink jet printers to “normal or draft print quality” setting, NOT “high print quality”.
• Before printing make sure you browser allows for pop-ups; your tags will be downloaded as a PDF.
• Secure tags to clothing with safety pins. DO NOT USE TINY GOLD PINS (not sturdy enough), STRAIGHT PINS (ouch) or STAPLES!
• Pin tag to top left of clothing, or your right as you are looking at it (hang clothes so hanger looks like a question mark – ?).
Price and Size Your Items
• General pricing guideline is 1/3 to 1/4 of original price for items in excellent condition.
• Just like the retail world, brand names sell for more. Also, popular or hard to find items sell for more.
• Do not use S, M, L or pounds on size, only true sizes please.
• Please price in 50 cent increments.
• People like to know about what they are buying! Feel free to write specific info about the item on the back of the tag; for example, “paid $75 retail new last year” or this item sells for “$45 new in boutiques”.